MMT utilizes proven water system design concepts to provide excellent management of contaminants and paper fines. Below are a few of the success factors of MMT water systems.
MMT Water System Success Factors
- Fresh Water Control Fresh water is limited to specific locations on the paper machine only.
- Single Point of Water Discharge Primary effluent treatment is built into the mill. Only the treated effluent line leaves the mill.
- Spill Containment Chests collect any stock spills that may happen and then pump it back into the system.
- Fresh Water Reduction MMT MiniMills operate on 800 gallons or less of fresh water / ton of paper produced.
- Improved Showering Sytems MMT uses paper machine showering systems that operate primarily on recycled shower system water.
- Recyling of Water U-drain water is collected in various sumps and then pumped to a clarifier so the water can be re used in the process.
Opportunities for Existing Mills
- Mapping of water system
- Creating Mass / Flow Balances for water systems
- Fresh water reduction. With capabilities to achieve zero effluent mill
- Fines Management
- Stickies Management
- Simplification of white water system
- Broke Management